Working with NDIS Participants and Plan Managers
NDIS participants have three ways of managing their NDIS funding:
- Agency managed - The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) manages the participant's funds and pays registered NDIA service providers directly.
- Plan Management Provider managed - A Plan Manager is employed to support an NDIS participant to manage their budget. The Plan Manager requests invoices and undertakes payment on behalf of the NDIS participant.
- Self-managed - The NDIS participant or nominee manages their own funding and payments.
Self-Managing your NDIS plan
Do you want to make the decisions that impact your life? Do you see your life as something that is yours not something to be managed by others? We can help you to control how and who helps you to achieve your goals by:
- Helping you to design a personalised program
- Connecting you with people who share your interests
- Assisting you to develop, manage and keep track of your budget
- Acting as the legal employer of your support team if required
- Working with you to develop natural supports within the community
The life you want
If you choose to self-manage your funding, Aspect can provide you with support, information and connections with groups, clubs and others in your area of interest. We can help you to better manage at home, in your neighbourhood and in the wider community. If you would like help finding friends, getting ready for your day, doing your shopping, attending activities or appointments, joining in with the community and staying in touch with others, Aspect can help. We will work with you to get the life you want each day.
We will work with you to develop ways to measure the effectiveness of your plan and budget, and the quality of support you receive.
If you are keen to meet and share ideas with others who have self-managed packages, we can help you connect with people through community events, social media, email and other communication forums.
Make the call
The first step in deciding whether we are the right choice in helping you to live the life you want and reach your goals is to make an appointment to meet with us. We will listen to and work with you, your family, and your friends to identify the life you want and design the right supports to help you achieve it.
Together, we will develop an agreement that clearly describes what you want to achieve and what we will do to help you to do this.
Aspect Choose and Connect Price Guide